OWN ROOT DORMANT VINE
- Scion hot water treated at 50ºC for 30 minutes prior to grafting
- Field grown for 1 season
- Trueness to type checked in field nursery
- Graded on root and shoot growth
- Hot water treated at 52ºC for 5 minutes prior to delivery
- Graded rootlings bundled and labelled into lots of 25
September - Vines are propagated
October - Vines are planted into the field nursery
October -May - Vines develop in the field nursery.
July-August - Vines are lifted and transported back to the nursery, where they are trimmed and treated for surface pathogens and then stored in the cool room awaiting customer delivery.
September-December - Vines ready for planting.
Initially less expensive than a grafted vine
Not resistant to phylloxera or nematodes